Sunday, May 6, 2012

Antiangiogenesis Food-Soup's On

These foods say "Cancer, no go".
A diet rich in antioxidants may control cancer and thereby make it a chronic disease rather than an acute one.
One of the great tragedies in our system is the lack of nutritional advice. Watch "First Do No Harm" for a good example, whether you believe in the ketogenic diet or not. Meryl Streep did her usual good job (based on a true story). I'll never forget the first time I saw my oncologist. I asked him if I would see a nutritionalist. NO. I was also supposed to see a dietary consultant before my hospital release (hemicolectomy surgery).
Didn't happen. They just would have told me to eat cake and ice cream probably.
Anyway, the antioxidant diet accepts the fact that cancer is very good at it's job. There is no denial. Cancer is assumed to exist again if if once did. (at least microscopically. Mine got into lymph nodes.) But the antioxidant diet, while reclaiming a ravaged immune system, is meant to contain and halt advance of disease. A low percentage of chemo patients are cured permanently. I'll try diet and exercise. As as practical reason, my low white blood count would not make me a good candidate for chemo and radiation. As a general reason, they are extremely rough on most people-and a lot more expensive than diet changes.
My IBS complicates things, oh well. I have to go a little bit more pureed on the insoluble fiber. Soup's cool though. See http://mavensrecipes.blogspot.com/, May 6, 2012. Maybe I'll be a soup chef.
The 3 main poisons for all of us: lack of exercise, high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated fat (including partially).
Oh there is a fourth: American overindulgence.

No comments:

Post a Comment