Sunday, June 24, 2012

A New Morning Then the Same Old B.S.

I remember telling my original oncologist that I always felt better when I left his office than when I had come in. But of course those were the early days of just being glad to be alive, you know what I mean, when everything smelled like new flowers and fresh strawberries. The euphoria for me lasted about 6 months I guess. I was just thinking that the new oncologist doesn't fit into the same mold, for all of his worth. It's not him, but unfortunately it's me. As I try to make my benchmarks the hum drum of life persists as in pre-disease times. I do not think that a day goes by where I don't feel lucky to be alive, but it sure doesn't compare to the first 6 months of new life. The survivor's bane (and I'm not even one yet).

Visit my website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment