Thursday, December 1, 2011

PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA

Pizzeria Bianco's Marinara !

Well, I'm doing something right post-cancer. And I have needed help from many people. Hooray, my blood counts are the best that I have seen in more than a decade. They didn't find my cancer until 2009, even though I felt it for sure way before that. So two years after surgery I'm finally starting to see progress. Ain't these adhesions a bitch though?: The cancers's back, the cancer's back, blood tests good, maybe it's adhesions. Hang in there if you are trying to recover from major disease. It takes time to develop disease and time to recover.


I'm going to get away with calling pizza an antioxidant food. TOMATO SAUCE! I am a pizza nut. My wife, not so much. We are nearing 60 and the memory fades, but I said to myself "what's the best pies ever?":
Bill's Pizza in my home town of Mundelein, Il., opened in 1957. I ate there until about 1990. Bill had to give the place to his wife long ago, I think in a divorce. Hopefully the recipe remains. I think that it does as I see 4 and 5 star ratings. Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix, Az. is the most recent entry here. I ate there this year & it's outstanding. Diorios Pizza in Grand Junction & Palisade, Co. is on my list. I'm going there next week & can't wait for the thin slice that is like Dali's melting watch in my hand. Then there was the hand-tossing little 4 foot tall Italian guy on Spring St. in Springfield, Ma. It was a violent dope infested area when I lived there in the early 1970s. I guess that it's worse now. The pizzeria was near Pearl Street. I was in a dopey fog, but it was there. I got it! Lido's, now they are a full service restaurant? Anyway, those are my top four ever pizzas (not in order).
The wife liked, off the top of her head, Tutta Bella in Seattle, Wa. I think that she is prejudiced because my son, the architect, had a hand in the building. But I agree, great stuff! She puts the brick oven pizza in NYC in her top four, but doesn't remember which great pizzeria in particular. On second thought, she thinks it's the oldest pizzeria in Manhattan; that would make it Lombardi's!? Then she agrees with me on Diorios and Pizzeria Bianco (it being fresh in memory).
So there is your best pizza in America, some of which are still in business.

RECIPE BLOG

WEBSITE

No comments:

Post a Comment